Tuesday, June 23, 2009

From under a mountain

I've been a bad, bad, bad, writer. I haven't done any in days. So much for my grand plan for this month, my perfectly scheduled goals. All shot to shite by real life.

Life has kinda dumbed on me the past couple days, My shifts have been up and down from day to night. Which is the most difficult, because I find that I write better in the evenings. Probably, because I have trained my brain to work best once the kids have settled down to bed. 'Yea' on my brain being trained but 'Boo' for having to work during my prime time. Toss in a kidlet with an ear infection and the looming possibility of a strike at my work...

My creativity has gone into hiding, and I really need it back. STAT!

ETA: Ever have a coincidence that was a little too coincidental? After I finished moaning here I did some blog surfing. Over at Alive and Knitting Claire posted about feeling overwhelmed and to remember to look at things from a different perspective. Beauty Timing. I needed to hear that.


If there is a silver lining. Kidlet is feeling much better today, and if we do go on strike...I'll have a lot more time to write. I wonder if I can knit on a picket line?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, but yes you can knit anywhere! How to get your picture in the paper for sure. I can see the caption now "Product Consultant Knits Wine Cosies".......HWL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those days where my muse vanishes and then returns after I see someting....Try to do keep yourself busy with other things like research or reading...it might help to get u going again....

    ReplyDelete

Background