Saturday, September 27, 2008

Songs That Inspire Me #2

This is a band that has caught my attention, Apocalyptica. Hailing from Finland, they have all the typical look of a heavy metal band. Long hair, leather, black nail polish, skulls, gothic feel, etc. What then you might be wondering inspires me?

They play the cello. No I'm not kidding.



This is what inspires me. They have taken a traditional classic instrument and blown it out out the 'box' we have kept it in. I did a bit more research and they are normally known for doing Metallica covers. (On the cello, remember?) I absolutely love when something is this far out of the expected.

Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, Perttu Kivilaakso, Mikko Sirén
They turned those geeky band boys from the highschool band into BAD ASSESS LOL (There has to be a story in that.)

I can't embed one of the songs, I like so click Here for the link. Adam Gontier (of Three Days Grace fame) is singing this one.

I can't get enough of them and will no doubt have to buy a new CD because I'm going to wear this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background